Workshop for FOOD Microbiology (MRAMA)
XVII WORKSHOP on RAPID METHODS AND AUTOMATION IN FOOD MICROBIOLOGY (MRAMA)
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Cerdanyola del Vallès, Spain, November 20-23, 2018
Designed for: directors and technicians of industries, consultancies and laboratories of food and feed, and other sectors (microbiological, biotechnological, clinical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, chemical, environmental, etc.); inspectors and other administration staff; university professors and technical staff, graduate and postgraduate students; people from other research centres; etc.
Updated and detailed information: http://jornades.uab.cat/workshopmrama/en/
Lecturers and lectures:
- Dr. José Juan Rodríguez Jerez (UAB): "Overview on rapid methods, automation and miniaturization in microbiology"
- Dr. Armand Sánchez Bonastre (UAB): "Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and massive genome sequencing applied to food safety"
- Mr. Pablo de Vicente López (AENOR, Madrid, Spain): "Validation and certification ISO 16140 of rapid microbiological methods"
- Dr. Glòria Sánchez Moragas (IATA-CSIC, Paterna, Spain): "Foodborne viruses: relevance and methods of detection"
- Ms. Àngels Garcia Pascual (La Sirena Alimentación Congelada, Terrassa, Spain): "Contribution of the microbiology laboratory to a frozen food retailer company"
- Dr. Julio César Lamela Pérez (UNIT / Conaprole, Montevideo, Uruguay): "Cross-contamination in the food industry: bacterial ability to persist. Practical cases"
- Dr. Kurt Houf (Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium): "Identification and characterization of foodborne pathogens: where do MALDI and genomics fit in?"
- Mr. David Tomás Fornés (Nestec, Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland): "New ISO reference methods and alternative methods. Impact on food microbiology laboratories"
3-day laboratory sessions:
- sample preparation and plating
- rapid viable cell count methods
- environmental control
- chromogenic culture media
- diagnostic kits
- methods based on ATP – bioluminescence, colorimetry, others
- immunological detection methods (latex agglutination, immunoprecipitation, lateral immunomigration)
- Microbiological risks in HACCP systems? At last, identify them properly at your company! (Imagining Management Systems)
- Food fraud in certification schemes. A new challenge for industries (SGS ICS Ibérica)
- Use of internet for applications of predictive microbiology (Barcelona Public Health Agency)
- External proficiency testing programme: the key indicator of quality in the lab (Thermo Fisher Diagnostics)
- 2 open discussions (Microbiological control in the industry / Instrumentation in food microbiology, world trade trends, other current topics)
Exhibition from 11 microbiology companies: Bioser, BioSystems, BIOTECON Diagnostics, iMiCROQ, Merck, MicroPlanet Laboratorios, Promega Biotech Ibérica, Raypa (R. Espinar), Thermo Fisher Diagnostics, Werfen – QIAGEN